18 March 2006

HAIR DUDE, YOU'RE STEPPING ON MY MYSTIQUE

Went out today to get a haircut. Last few time I'd gotten it cut at a place close to hear, from a younger girl/woman who seems pretty cool. She was the cheapest I had found that wasn't a "Super Cuts" type place ($30 +tip), and really, that's a good price for around here for a men's cut. She did decent jobs usually. Last time I got it cut from here was about a month and a half ago? Well, it wasn't that great. And now that it had grown out, I looked like a fucking ass-clown. Worst hairstyle/grown-out haircut I'd ever had. So I declared out loud (since I was by myself) that I'd never get my hair cut from there again. And went down to the Astor Place Hair barber shop. That place is fun. Been there once before. Just a huge underground room filled with tons of barber chairs, with random guys just cutting away. Just walk in, tell the guy at the front you need a cut, and he points you to any open chair. Got it done by some guy named Josef who ate Cool Ranch Doritoes the entire time. In and out within 10 minutes, literally. $15. Fuck the nicer haircut places, it's all about the reject Super Cuts guys who have been in this place that's been around since the 1945. The barbers are fast. Try and get you in and out as fast as possible. So no stupid awkward small talk (which is one of the many things i love about New Yorkers. No one gives enough of a shit about you to have stupid meaningless chit-chat). Just sit there and let them go.

$30 for shitty haircut
$15 for good haircut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home