15 May 2006

STORMY WEATHER

One thing I really miss about the South are the incredible thunderstorms. Something soothing about the rain, the thunder/lightning, and being indoors. Today we have a bit of "stormy" weather, but still nothing even close to comparison to a real thunderstorm.








It's funny to see how people react to thunder up here, I guess because it's not all that common. After living here for over a year now, I've probably only knowingly heard thunder about 5-10 times. Which is weird.

But, I guess since I have to walk to get places instead of driving in a car, I'd be regretting a torrential downpour like I am now yearning. And then there are the times I remember such hard Southern thunderstorms that sucked. Like the time Ben and I drove from Memphis to St. Louis after work one Friday to see the White Stripes. Was supposed to be about a 4 hour drive, but took 7 because of the rain. Going 15mph on the interstate and not seeing ANYTHING in front of you. That was the last time I've been in Arkansas, and I don't have any problems with that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I had to post on this.
I had completely forgotten about the storm on that trip. But now that you mention it, that shit was on duh-RUGS. I suppose it's because I didn't drive that I forgot about it. That or I was too busy munching on doritos and loosing fragments of my right rear molar.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home